Friday, March 26, 2010
eduKayt's Project of the Weekend 3/26/10: Pretty In Paint
This weekend, we're going to PAINT! That's fucking right! Tackle that spare bedroom you've been wanting to paint or touch up your trim! Here are some things you'll need:
1) Old sheets - Lay these on the floor to protect your carpet or hardwood floors. Sheets will soak up the paint unlike plastic.
2) Paint tape - Grab that blue tape at your local hardware store and line the edges of the room with it. Or you can buy an edger but let's stick with the old fucking fashioned way.
3) Spackle - Fill in any holes with some putty that you can find at the hardware store. Get a small tube of it and fill those puppies in and wait a few hours for it to dry.
4) Primer - Depending on the existing color of your walls, make sure you prime them before applying the new color.
5) Rollers - Get long rollers and extensions for them if you're painting the ceiling.
6) Paintbrush - Have at least one medium sized paint brush for touch ups and small crevices.
Now get to work and let me see some paint!
This weekend I'm painting my hallway a sexy deep fucking red color from Ralph Lauren. He's my pick for the best quality paint in fabulous colors.
Consider yourself eduKayted.