Friday, June 18, 2010
eduKayt's Tip of the Weekend 6/18/10: Flappers For Dad!
Happy Father's Day Weekend! Get dad some flappers! No.... not that kind of flapper, you fucking slut! A flapper for your toilet! If you hear your toilet running after you flush it and this happens every so often throughout the day even when you're not using it, you need a new flapper! The old, shitty one you have now isn't doing its job and it's letting water out of your tank. So the noise you hear is the toilet filling back up with water so it gets to the right level! Lucky for you, flappers are cheap and easy to replace.
1. Turn off the water to your toilet.
2. Take off the tank lid and get your hands in there. Be gentle because everything inside the toilet is submerged in water 24/7 so the parts are delicate.
3. Unhook the chain from the old flapper and take it out.
4. Slide the new flapper down the overflow tube and secure it with the chain.
5. Turn the water back on and flush. You shouldn't hear that fucking noise anymore.
To hear a whole lotta noise, vote now for me to eduKayt Oprah!
Consider yourself eduKayted.